Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Magee Marsh - Morning Birding 02/17

Note: The Boardwalk is icy and very noisy to walk on. The only birds that I heard here, were already on my list.

Tundra Swan
Mallard
Canada Goose
Red-winged Blackbird
Common Grackle
Mourning Dove
House Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
American Tree Sparrow
Northern Cardinal
Red-tailed Hawk
Northern Harrier
Downy Woodpecker
Hooded Merganser
Common Merganser
Ring-billed Gull
Herring Gull
American Crow
Bald Eagle
European Starling

The photographs are a Red-tailed Hawk eating breakfast.

A pair of wary Hooded Mergansers that didn't like my car pulling up next to the only open water on the east of the causeway. They flew before I pulled out to head for the boardwalk but were back on my return.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home